Microorganisms can cause multiple threats in oil and gas production (EFC 9 ), injection and fracturing operations. Those threats range from production downtime due to microbial influenced corrosion (MIC) downhole and on surface equipment, to formation souring, as well as flow disruption caused by overgrowth of biomass in flow lines ((EFC29 ). Adenosine analysis, particularly ATP field tests (NACE, TM0212) (NACE, TM0194), have been introduced into oil and gas for microbial status assessment. It facilitates a fast field screening Test for microbial status comparing to the labour intensive and time consuming culturing techniques. However, the challenge is on results interpreting. Understanding the adenosine, adenosine testing and their biological implication are utmost important to assess the oil and gas field microbial status.
Adenosine test,including ATP, ADP and AMP, provides a fast, efficient screening tool for oil and gas microbial status assessment. It is important for corrosion engineer to understand the principle and limitation of this tool, as well as its difference to traditional culturing techniques. It is an ongoing challenge to monitor the microbial status and validate the adenosine testing results with other field culturing techniques.
The full text of “Adenosine Testing and its Interpretation in Oil and Gas Field Microbial Status” can be read and download here.
- Retrieved from www.luminultra.com.
- WIEBE, W. J., & BANCROFT, K. . Use of the Adenylate Energy Charge Ratio to Measure Growth State of Natural Microbial Communities.
- European Federation of Corrosion. (1991). (EFC 29) Microbial Corrosion.
- European Federation of Corrosion. (1992). (EFC 9) Microbiological Degradation of Materials – and Methods of Protection – Prepared by the Working Party on Microbial Corrosion.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_monophosphate .
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate .
- Ivanovici, A. M. (1980). Application of adenylate energy charge to problems of environmental impact assessment in aquatic organisms. HelgolÃ¤nder Meeresuntersuchungen, 33, 556-565.
- Luminultra microbial monitoring. (2016). Technical Whitepaper Comparing 2nd Generation ATP to Culture-Based Test Methods.
- Luminultra microbial monitoring. (n.d.). Technical Whitepaper 2nd Generation ATP Product Validation Guidelines.
- (2012). NACE TM0212 Detection, Testing, and Evaluation of Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion on Internal Surfaces of Pipelines.
- (2014). NACE TM 0194 Field Monitoring of Bacterial Growth in Oil and Gas Systems.
- NALCO Champion. (n.d.). AccuCount: Microbial Enumeration Technology.
- Niven, D., Collins, P., & Knowles, C. (1977). Adenylate Energy Charge during Batch Culture of Beneckea natriegens. Journals of General Microbiology, 98, 95-108.
- (2015). ADP-Glo™ Max Assay Technical Manual.
- (2015). AMP-Glo™ Assay Technical Manual.
- Promega. (2015). Enliten ATP Assay System Bioluminescence Detection Kit for ATP Protocl.
Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am inspired! Extremely useful info particularly the remaining section :) I deal with such information much. I was looking for this certain information for a very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck.
Fantastic items from you, man. I have take into accout your stuff prior to and you’re simply too magnificent. I really like what you have received right here, certainly like what you are saying and the best way through which you assert it. You are making it entertaining and you continue to take care of to stay it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you. That is really a tremendous web site.|
Hi! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay. I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.
Hey there, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your website in Firefox, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, great blog!
I think the admin of this site is truly working hard for his site, because here every stuff is quality based stuff.
Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say wonderful blog!
Highly descriptive post, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be a part 2?
I need to to thank you for this excellent read!! I certainly loved every bit of it. I’ve got you book marked to check out new stuff you post…